Sunday, August 31, 2008

Hurricane Gustav

Well, we're getting ready for the hurricane today. What a great way to celebrate Labor Day :( We were unable to get a motel room for tonight...none to be had in the state. But we do have one for M-W nights. Gustav picked up speed though and is hitting sooner than we first expected. If it continues on the predicted track, we may not evacuate at all, but these things have a tendency to take an easterly turn at the last minute - which would not be good for us.

We have the cooler partially packed. DH went to buy ice and store was already closed, so we are trying to make new batches throughout the day. I made a big macaroni salad and we are taking stuff for sandwiches with us so we don't have the expense of eating out all the time.

I took all of my finished albums and photo storage box to a girlfriend's last night as we are in a flood zone and she isn't. The plan is to get as much of my SB stuff up off the floor as possible before we leave.

We have a suitcase partially packed and all medicines set out to pack. Neither DH or I are in good health so we can only do a little at a time. We are both taking a break right now...he is napping and I'm on the 'puter.

Anyway, I think we're fairly well organized. I'm a list maker so have my lists to go by. Hope everyone else stays safe this weekend.

2 comments:

Jill said...

Megan - I am thinking of you and your husband. Prayers being offered. Please be safe!!

Jill

Lily said...

I hope you made it out ok. I've been watching the news and thinking of you guys. Post as soon as you can